City of Milwaukee Records Center – Document Technician
DEPARTMENT – Municipal Research Center
DATE POSTED – August 10, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE – September 1, 2023
The Document Technician I converts records to digital form and assists with the operation of the records center by performing functions related to records transfer, storage and inventory maintenance, basic arrangement and description of archival records.
- Prepare, scan and index paper documents and film records for digital preservation, storage and access through the E-Vault System; perform quality control functions to ensure the integrity of records for accessibility and preservation.
- Perform various records center operational tasks, including intake, inventory management and auditing via records management software; appraise and process archival records and destroy and dispose of confidential records.
- Provide customer service to City departments and residents relative to record retrieval from City Records Center (CRC) storage facilities; provide guidance to customers on the use of equipment to view documents.
- Mail notifications on the release of secure structures to architects and structure owners.
- Provide mail services for City of Milwaukee departments, including sorting and routing incoming or interoffice mail and meter operation for outgoing departmental mail.