ARMA Milwaukee Website !
ARMA Milwaukee has served as a valued resource to records and information professionals since 1948!
ARMA International Administrative Letter No. 130, dated July 1, 2001, the Milwaukee Chapter of ARMA International was chartered with ARMA headquarters on July 1, 1948.
|Visit the Calendar of Events page for more information|
November 29, 2017
December 14, 2017 (Madison Event)
January 9, 2018 (Joint session with Madison)
March 13, 2018 (Joint session with Madison)
The Board continues to work on this year’s programing schedule. We would like this year to be about you and your experiences as RIM professionals. We would like to give you an opportunity to speak about a success story or even a situation that did not go as planned at your organization (or previous employer). We all have a lot to learn from each other and we would like to use this year’s sessions as ways to share our stories and exchange our knowledge as RIM professionals.We are looking for people with experience on one or more of the following topics:
- RIM and Technology – Have you had experience (good or bad) working with a specific technology that has helped (or did not work as planned) your RIM operations? The technology can be anything from a robust records management system to a much simpler piece of software/hardware/program that was intended for a specific function.
- File Retention – Have you managed to reduce the number of retention schedules in your organization? Let us know, we would like you to share your experiences in how you managed to do it, hurdles you overcame, and how this has helped your organization.
- SharePoint/Office 365 – Any and all stages of implementation. We do not expect you to cover everything. Nope. If you have worked to implement it in your organization, come talk to us about one stage that stood out among the rest. And even if you are only considering implementing SharePoint or Office 365, come speak to us for a few minutes about the process you have pursued to date, the challenges you have/will face, and ideal outcome you would like to have happen.
- Legal Aspects – Have experience with discovery holds or dealing with discovery issues (electronic and/or traditional)? Have you ever had to testify in court about RIM policies and procedures for the organization? Do you deal with FOI requests? If so, let us know and we would like to hear from you and your experiences.
- RIM/IG Program – Have you or are you trying to implement a RIM or IG program? Do you already have a RIM/IG program but now you are trying to sustain it or make it grow. How’s it going? What have you accomplished so far? What has worked? What would you do differently? What lies ahead?
- Training – How have you gotten people on board with your RIM / IG program? What challenges have you overcome or that you still face? What tips and tricks might you have for the rest of us to use in our organizations?
- Other – Have you had experience with another facet of RIM that you believe would be valuable for others to know about and that others could learn from? Do you have a RIM-related issue that you are struggling to overcome and would like some feedback? Please let us know.
Presentations may vary in length depending on the topic, but nothing longer than 30 minutes so there is plenty of time for discussion.
We have not settled on concrete dates but intend to keep the same basic schedule as last year for having bi-monthly meetings in November, January, March, April & June.
If you interested, please reply to this email or use the Contact Form on the website. https://armamilwaukee.org/about/contact-us/
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Donald Force, ARMA Milwaukee President