ARMA Milwaukee September 2019 Meeting
Tuesday, September 24th
Registration at 10:30- Program at 11:00
Lunch at 12:00
Archives Tour and Presentation
for the Archdioceses of Milwaukee
Please join ARMA Milwaukee and Faith Bernassi for a presentation of the Records Management processes and tour of the and Archive Collections at the Archdioceses of Milwaukee.
Come and explore the impact of religious organizations on Milwaukee, how the Archdiocese manages historic records that hold historical insight to the fabric of the community, and how these records are both a valuable resources for genealogy research and continue to function as business records for the Catholic Church.
|10:30-11:00||Location:||Archdiocese of Milwaukee|
|Program:||11:00-12:00||3501 S Lake Dr, St Francis, WI 53235|
ARMA MILWAUKEE PRESENTS
2019-2020 BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT
Election results were announced today with congratulations due to ARMA Milwaukee’s 2019-2020 board. Thank you for volunteering to lead our chapter.
Jacquelin Blackhawk, Reinhart Boerner Van Duren S.C.
Member-At-Large #2: *Agreed to chair the Records Committee
Lisa Glick, Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Member-At-Large #3: *Agreed to chair the Strategic Vendor Relations Committee
Brian McCann, TAB Products Co LLC
James Rudy, Husch Blackwell LLP
Rita Krause, Green Bay Metro Sewerage District d/b/a NEW Water
Richard Gureski, Godfrey & Kahn, S.C.
Emily Herda, M.M.S.D. (Milwaukee Metro Sewerage District)
Elizabeth Vera, C.H. Coakley & Co.
Special Advisor: *Christine Matthies has agreed to serve in the role of special advisor (a/k/a Past President) for 2019-2020
Christine Matthies, West Bend Mutual Insurance Company
D. Alexander Kopitzke, Reinhart Boerner Van Duren S.C.
Mike Kaye, C.H. Coakley & Co.
We want to thank all the Members that participated in our Election Process for making our ARMA Milwaukee Chapter successful!!
ARMA Milwaukee Board Podcasts.
Please check out the latest Records Guy podcasts. Part 1 features ARMA Board members Chris Matthies and Mike Kaye. Part 2 features ARMA Board member Ben O’Donnell. The podcast can be listened to here:
|Visit the Calendar of Events page for more information|
It is my pleasure to introduce to you ARMA Milwaukee Board of Directors effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019:
President – Rick Gureski
Vice President – Chris Matthies
Secretary – Mike Kaye
Treasurer – Ben O’Donnell
Member-at-Large – Mark Packard
Past President – Donald Force
Please join me in welcoming the new Board.
Also, I would like to thank this year’s Board for all their hard work and dedication. As the outgoing President, I want to thank you all for your support these past two years.
Donald C. Force, PhD
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
President, ARMA Milwaukee
Governor Scott Walker has declared April 2018 to be Records and Information Management Month (RIMM) in Wisconsin.
Records and Information Management Month is recognized internationally, but in Wisconsin it was first observed in 1995.
The purpose is to emphasize the value and importance of organizing and maintaining records in all media types to ensure the preservation and accessibility of records and information. Your attention is drawn during these 30 days, but it’s important that we always remember and follow through with the ARMA Principles.
This field is a collaborative effort and we need everyone’s help to ensure records are properly managed. The points outlined in Governor Walker’s Proclamation for April officially being Records and Information Management Month, should not only serve this month, but every month of the year.
Hello ARMA Milwaukee Members !
The Board continues to work on this year’s programing schedule. We would like this year to be about you and your experiences as RIM professionals. We would like to give you an opportunity to speak about a success story or even a situation that did not go as planned at your organization (or previous employer). We all have a lot to learn from each other and we would like to use this year’s sessions as ways to share our stories and exchange our knowledge as RIM professionals.We are looking for people with experience on one or more of the following topics:
- RIM and Technology – Have you had experience (good or bad) working with a specific technology that has helped (or did not work as planned) your RIM operations? The technology can be anything from a robust records management system to a much simpler piece of software/hardware/program that was intended for a specific function.
- File Retention – Have you managed to reduce the number of retention schedules in your organization? Let us know, we would like you to share your experiences in how you managed to do it, hurdles you overcame, and how this has helped your organization.
- SharePoint/Office 365 – Any and all stages of implementation. We do not expect you to cover everything. Nope. If you have worked to implement it in your organization, come talk to us about one stage that stood out among the rest. And even if you are only considering implementing SharePoint or Office 365, come speak to us for a few minutes about the process you have pursued to date, the challenges you have/will face, and ideal outcome you would like to have happen.
- Legal Aspects – Have experience with discovery holds or dealing with discovery issues (electronic and/or traditional)? Have you ever had to testify in court about RIM policies and procedures for the organization? Do you deal with FOI requests? If so, let us know and we would like to hear from you and your experiences.
- RIM/IG Program – Have you or are you trying to implement a RIM or IG program? Do you already have a RIM/IG program but now you are trying to sustain it or make it grow. How’s it going? What have you accomplished so far? What has worked? What would you do differently? What lies ahead?
- Training – How have you gotten people on board with your RIM / IG program? What challenges have you overcome or that you still face? What tips and tricks might you have for the rest of us to use in our organizations?
- Other – Have you had experience with another facet of RIM that you believe would be valuable for others to know about and that others could learn from? Do you have a RIM-related issue that you are struggling to overcome and would like some feedback? Please let us know.
Presentations may vary in length depending on the topic, but nothing longer than 30 minutes so there is plenty of time for discussion.
If you interested, please reply to this email or use the Contact Form on the website. https://armamilwaukee.org/about/contact-us/
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.