The Archdiocese of Milwaukee is looking for an Electronic Records Coordinator who will be responsible for developing policy and procedure to manage and preserve electronic records within the Central Offices of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. This includes assisting with implementation of the Archdiocese’s Records Management Program, and accessioning, processing, and preserving electronic records according to current archival practices.
Key Responsibility Areas
Oversee Accessioning, Processing, and Preservation of the Archdiocese’s Electronic Records
- Provide support to the Archivist in developing a born-digital electronic records management program that includes writing policies and procedures.
- Oversee the collection, appraisal, organization and preservation of electronic records of the central offices within the scope of the Archive’s collection development policy and in accordance with records retention schedules.
- Develop guidelines and workflows for the creation and use of electronic records at the Archdiocese.
- Research, plan, and propose digital archive software and equipment for management of electronic records.
- Liaison with IT to insure their maintenance for data storage devices, data transmission lines and switches, back-up devices and other necessary infrastructure support.
- Participate in the wider electronic archives and records management community.
Develop Education and Training Resources
- Provide electronic records training and support to central office staff.
- Create training program and provide resources for parish and school staff on issues related to the electronic records life cycle.
Coordinate Preservation of Audio-Visual Materials
- Collaborate with other offices and departments to identify and acquire photographs and audio-visual materials for preservation.
- Improve access to digitized and born-digital photographs and audio-visual materials.
- Collaborate with the Archdiocesan newspaper to acquire photographs from past issues for preservation
- Assist with audio, audio-visual, and digital imaging projects.
Assist with Archive Projects
- Assist with other archival projects or duties as needed.
- Assist with the supervision of the archive’s reading room.
- Required: Master of Library/Information Science or equivalent related work experience and education. Minimum of two years experience in an archival or records management setting with an emphasis on digital records.
- Preferred: Digital Archives Specialist certification.
- Knowledge of how to manage, arrange and describe, and preserve archival collections.
- Knowledge of archival practices, records maintenance skills, and standards for born-digital records.
- Knowledge of current issues in digital libraries.
- Must have ability to handle multiple responsibilities and concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Creative approaches to problem solving.
- Planning, coordination, and execution of successful collaborative projects.
- Ability to create professional presentations and training for internal and professional groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert online research skills.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages.
- Prior experience with DSpace and/or Preservica is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work effectively with volunteers.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential issues and documents.